Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mexico!

So it's been quite a while since I have updated this thing, and I'm not quite sure what inspired me to do it, but here goes...

Matt and I just got back from vacation about two weeks ago from Mexico! It was amazing, and definitely an unforgettable experience. I had a lot of fun, and didn't want to come home..but I did miss my friends and family. Mexico is so different..in good ways and bad. The way they live is extremely different from the way we live here in the U.S. Most of the places we stayed didn't have hot water, and none of the places we stayed had air-conditioning. I can't believe how spoiled we are here! They don't have a lot of the things we have here in the U.S., and it was honestly hard to live without them. It was so hot! And the food is way different, even way different from the Mexican food we have here. It was awesome and life-changing. I don't speak spanish other than knowing a few phrases and words, but sometimes you don't have to speak the same language to understand each other. I met some amazing people that I absolutely love, and I could barely even communicate with them! I definitely can't wait to go back. We went to Mexico City, Poza Rica, Papantla, Mante, Tampico, and Acapulco. I have to say that Acapulco was probably my favorite part. It was just so beautiful! I had a lot of fun. I would have never gotten by without Matt! Thank goodness he speaks spanish! Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures soon.

Other than that not much has been going on. Just working, as usual! Still can't believe Michael Jackson died. I wasn't a big fan of him in his latter days, but he was an amazing entertainer earlier in his career! And I'm still a huge fan of his older stuff.

Honestly, I realized why I never update this thing. I have nothing to say! I will post again when I have something interesting going on? haha..till then.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Ok, seriously...How did I not know you have a blog?!? Hope you're having a great day!